Friday, May 24, 2013

all dogfood diet




Yesterday I walked to my local t-mobile store and had them cut my SIM down to "micro" size. I did this so I could fit it into my Nexus 4. I wanted to put it into my Nexus because I decided that it was ready for me to start using full time. I put my Galaxy II away. 

I decided to do this because as of yesterday I could:


  • Import my contacts
  • Make and receive SMSs
  • Make and receive phone calls
  • Use the internet via a wireless connection


It still lacks data over the cellular network. We won't get that until next week. So, I can't really say that it's dogfoodable for everyone as per our original goals, but we are close!

7 comments:

  1. So, I think a further step that would make alot of things easier to adopt would be: 1. vibration 2. ability to turn off wifi to save power.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It would be nice to include a phonebook search function inside the contact. Very difficult to find a contact when you have 1000+ and the list reset to top everytime i exit for looking into the details.

    Also, where's the place I could submit the bugs and suggestion?

    Very nice work indeed, thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should already be able to search contacts, both in the People lens of the Dash, as well as the Contacts tab of the dialer

      Delete
  3. I like how the phone is coming together. Haven’t tried yet because I don’t own any smartphone :( – I can’t even test my translations – but nevertheless I’m looking forward to this!

    ReplyDelete
  4. how can i flash the latest ubuntu build on nexus 4 ? Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  5. Any good news about daily drive..

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's this only for a nexus device or will it be available for other android phones like Sammy out HTC?

    ReplyDelete